541VETS is a digital library that offers training and employment resources for Veterans, Spouses and other Covered Persons in rural Oregon.
541VETS was developed to ensure that every Rural Veteran, eligible Spouse and other Covered Person has equal access to high quality, supportive employment resources regardless of the individuals physical location. Also, to present the resources in a person-centered, individualized way allowing the customer to select the best resources for them at the time.
The digital library currently features the Tactical Career Planning videos, and will grow to include more training videos, podcasts, community, business, and occupational spotlights.
Tactical Career Planning Episode 1: Introduction & General Readiness
- Episode 01 – Introduction & General Readiness
- Episode 02 – Translating Military Speak
- Episode 03 – Cover Letters
- Episode 04 – Functional Resume
- Episode 05 – Combination Resume
- Episode 06 – Online Resources
- Episode 07 – Hidden Job Market & Networking
- Episode 08 – Informational Interviews & Job Shadow
- Episode 09 – Apprenticeships & On-the-Job Training
- Episode 10 – Route & Area Recon
- Episode 11 – Dress Code & Personal Hygiene
- Episode 12 – Interviews: In-Person, Panel & Virtual
- Episode 13 – Ask for the job!
- DD214 & Military Records
- Verification of Military Experience & Training (VMET)
- Joint Services Transcript (JST)
- HIRE Vets Medallion Program (HVMP)
- Veterans Administration - Special Employer Incentive Program (SEI)
- Work Opportunity Tax Credit (WOTC)
Stevens Amendment Acknowledgement
The Jobs for Veterans' State Grant (JVSG) is 100% federally funded through the U.S. Department of Labor, Veterans' Employment and Training Service (USDOL-VETS). This grant is a part of an award grant totaling $2,429,678 with 0% financed from non-governmental sources.
The Jobs for Veterans' State Grant provides federal funding to conduct outreach to the business community and engage in advocacy efforts to increase employment opportunities for veterans. The grant also provides funding for individualized career and training-related services to veterans and eligible persons with significant barriers to employment.